COVID-19: Flexible Changes & Enhanced Cleaning
Updated June 25, 2020
We miss you, and we’re ready to welcome you back to Honokeana Cove! Here is some information to help you plan your next Maui vacation.
SPECIAL RE-OPENING DISCOUNT!
The State of Hawaii will re-open to visitors as of August 1, 2020. To celebrate this event, we are offering a 20% discount on new bookings through our Rental Office at Honokeana Cove. For more information on this limited-time offer, see our Specials Page or call the office at 1-800-237-4948.
VACATIONING TO HAWAII
On June 24, Hawaii Governor David Ige announced a relaxation of Hawaii’s 14-day quarantine rule for visitors, effective August 1. Visitors may avoid quarantine if they provide proof that they are free of coronavirus. They need to show a negative test from a certified lab conducted within the 72 hours preceding their arrival in Hawaii. We expect that CVS and other drug chains will provide tests that fit the Hawaii rules. In addition, each arriving visitor will be thermally screened to determine that their temperature is less than 100.4. If they do not pass, they will face further questioning by trained health care staff. These rules are similar to those that Alaska has been using. However unlike Alaska, Hawaii will not require a second test after arrival.
Note that visitors who are required to quarantine may not enter the Honokeana Cove property until after their quarantine is completed.
Hawaii will issue more detailed instructions during the coming weeks. In the meanwhile, these news articles have additional information:
FLEXIBLE TRAVEL PLANS – BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE!
We encourage guests to book reservations for future dates. We have adopted a flexible policy that protects you if you need to make changes:
• If COVID-19 restrictions interfere with your vacation dates, you may cancel your reservation at any time and receive 100% refund of your deposit, without any cancellation fee.
• Otherwise, if you cancel 60 days before check-in, you will receive a full refund of your deposit less a $50 cancellation fee. However, if you need to cancel because of health or another personal reason, contact the office for a “raincheck.” The raincheck applies the full value of your deposit, with no fee, to a future reservation.
• If you cancel from 0 to 60 days before check-in, your deposit is normally forfeited. However, if you need to cancel because of health or another personal reason, contact the office for a “raincheck.” The raincheck applies the full value of your deposit, less a $50 change fee, to a future reservation.
• Raincheck re-bookings are valid for 13 months, for rental in the same condo unit.
ENHANCED CLEANING & DISINFECTION
After the restrictions of recent months, we believe that our guests want and need a relaxing vacation. Our professional cleaning service now performs enhanced cleaning and disinfection before each guest’s arrival, as recommended by CDC and the State of Hawaii, for the safety of guests, owners and staff. We strive to provide reassurance so that you can enjoy a Maui vacation with no distractions!
Here are some of our additional cleaning practices:
• The Rental Office will provide face masks, hand sanitizer and disinfectant to those guests who wish to use them.
• Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at gates and in laundry rooms.
• High-touch areas such as gate latches and handles, barbecues, laundry rooms and common areas will be disinfected twice daily.
• Housekeepers and supervisors will don clean masks and gloves before servicing every unit and dispose of them after cleaning.
• Housekeepers will clean and sanitize each rental unit using EPA hospital-grade disinfectant sprays and cleaning agents.
• The cleaning of each unit will include extra emphasis on door handles, light switches, remote controls, telephones, countertops, drawer and cabinet handles, refrigerator handles and fronts, faucets, sinks and floors.
• All dishware including plates, bowls, glassware, coffee cups and silverware will be washed at high temperature settings.
• All soft surfaces including couches, occasional chairs and mattresses will be sprayed with a disinfectant to assure cleanliness and safety.
• Linens and towels that were used will be removed, placed in disposable bags and individually marked by unit. No dirty laundry will be mixed together.
• All laundry will be washed with the highest heat temperature and additional drying time, to ensure proper sanitization.
• We are providing sick pay to ensure that no employee who develops symptoms of infection will come to work, or remain at work.
BOOK YOUR VACATION NOW!
We have taken advantage of the closure to update our swimming pool in May rather than in September. Therefore, we have some great open dates to welcome you later this year! We are also performing our semiannual deep cleaning, and while we are closed many owners are maintaining and improving their condos. The Cove will be sparkling and ready for your return. Are you ready? Click HERE to Book Now!
Please stay safe and be healthy. We hope to see you soon, enjoying a relaxed vacation at Honokeana Cove!
Mahalo and Aloha –
Honokeana Cove Rental Association Management Committee