COVID-19: Flexible Changes & Enhanced Cleaning
Updated July 8, 2021
We miss you, and we’re ready to welcome you back to Honokeana Cove! Here is some information to help you plan your next Maui vacation.
VACATIONING TO HAWAII
The state of Hawaii allows visitors to avoid a 10-day quarantine period if they provide proof that they are free of coronavirus. They need to create a Safe Travels account at https://travel.hawaii.gov/ and upload their proof of being virus-free before boarding their flight into Hawaii.
You may use either one of these forms of proof:
• If you are flying to Hawaii from a U.S. state and were fully vaccinated from coronavirus in any U.S. state, your vaccination certificate provides that proof. You upload a copy to the Hawaii website, and also bring the original certificate with you on your flight.
• If you are not vaccinated, or are arriving from another country, including Canada, you can upload negative results from a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT). The test must be from a Hawaii-approved lab and taken within 72 hours before the flight.
For full information, go to https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/.<.a>
If your choice is to submit a pre-flight test, check Hawaii’s list of approved testing partners at https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel-partners/. Some labs require several days, so it can be difficult to get the results back in time for your flight. Here is some advice that may help:
• The best option is a while-you-wait test, which is available in a few places. At this writing, it’s offered at select locations by American Family Care, Atlas Genomics, Discovery Health, GoHealth and XpresCheck. Add Color if you’re flying on United originating in SFO.
• The next best choice would be test results promised within 24 hours. Consider the Walgreens ID Now test (not available at all locations). Another option: Carbon Health if you’re flying on Alaska Airlines.
Note that visitors who are required to quarantine are not allowed to lodge at Honokeana Cove or any other “transient vacation rental” until after their quarantine is completed.
AlohaSafe Alert: Maui also requires visitors to download the AlohaSafe Alert App or a similar exposure notification system to their phone. You need a phone with iOS 12.5 or later or Android Version 6 or later. If you don’t own such a phone you may sign an attestation that will waive your requirement – see FAQ item #13 on THIS PAGE.
FLEXIBLE TRAVEL PLANS – BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE!
We encourage guests to book reservations for future dates. We have adopted a flexible policy that protects you if you need to make changes:
• If Hawaii’s COVID-19 restrictions interfere with your vacation dates, you may cancel your reservation at any time and receive 100% refund of your deposit, without any cancellation fee.
• Otherwise, if you cancel 60 days before check-in, you will receive a full refund of your deposit less a $50 cancellation fee. However, if you need to cancel because of health or another personal reason, contact the office for a “raincheck.” The raincheck applies the full value of your deposit, with no fee, to a future reservation.
• If you cancel from 0 to 60 days before check-in, your deposit is normally forfeited. However, if you need to cancel because of health or another personal reason, contact the office for a “raincheck.” The raincheck applies the full value of your deposit, less a $50 change fee, to a future reservation.
• Raincheck re-bookings are valid for 13 months, for rental in the same condo unit.
ENHANCED CLEANING & DISINFECTION
After the restrictions of recent months, we believe that our guests want and need a relaxing vacation. Our professional cleaning service now performs enhanced cleaning and disinfection before each guest’s arrival, as recommended by CDC and the State of Hawaii, for the safety of guests, owners and staff. We strive to provide reassurance so that you can enjoy a Maui vacation with no distractions!
Here are some of our additional cleaning practices:
• Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available on the property.
• High-touch areas such as gate latches and handles, barbecues, laundry rooms and common areas will be disinfected daily.
• Housekeepers and supervisors will don clean masks and gloves before servicing every unit and dispose of them after cleaning.
• Housekeepers will clean and sanitize each rental unit using EPA hospital-grade disinfectant sprays and cleaning agents.
• The cleaning of each unit will include extra emphasis on door handles, light switches, remote controls, telephones, countertops, drawer and cabinet handles, refrigerator handles and fronts, faucets, sinks and floors.
• All dishware including plates, bowls, glassware, coffee cups and silverware will be washed at high temperature settings.
• All soft surfaces including couches, occasional chairs and mattresses will be sprayed with a disinfectant to assure cleanliness and safety.
• Linens and towels that were used will be removed, placed in disposable bags and individually marked by unit. No dirty laundry will be mixed together.
• All laundry will be washed with the highest heat temperature and additional drying time, to ensure proper sanitization.
• We are providing sick pay to ensure that no employee who develops symptoms of infection will come to work, or remain at work.
• During the pandemic, for the safety of our housekeepers we are not providing maid service while a guest is in residence. For stays over 10 days, on request we will provide clean towels and linens for your use. Used towels and linens will remain within your unit for the remainder of your stay.
BOOK YOUR VACATION NOW!
During the few months when Hawaii was restricting visitors, we improved our swimming pool, made property repairs and updated many condo units. The Cove is sparkling for your return! Book as far ahead as you can for the best choice of open dates. Are you ready? Click HERE to Book Now!
Please stay safe and be healthy. We hope to see you soon, enjoying a relaxed vacation at Honokeana Cove!
Mahalo and Aloha –
Honokeana Cove Rental Association Management Committee