COVID-19: Flexible Changes & Enhanced Cleaning
Updated January 2, 2021
We miss you, and we’re ready to welcome you back to Honokeana Cove! Here is some information to help you plan your next Maui vacation.
SPECIAL RE-OPENING DISCOUNT!
The State of Hawaii re-opened to visitors on October 15, 2020. To celebrate this event, we are giving a 20% discount on new bookings with arrival by March 31, 2021, through our Rental Office at Honokeana Cove. For more information on this limited offer, see our Specials Page or call the office at 1-800-237-4948.
VACATIONING TO HAWAII
The state of Hawaii allows visitors to avoid a 14-day quarantine period if they provide proof that they are free of coronavirus. They need to create a Safe Travels account and upload a negative virus test before boarding their flight into Hawaii. The test must be from a Hawaii-approved lab and taken within 72 hours before the flight. Check the details here: https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/. Hawaii keeps adding approved testing partners, and the latest list is at https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel-partners/.
Some labs require several days, so it can be difficult to get the results back in time for your flight. Here is some advice that may help:
• The best option is a while-you-wait test, which is available in a few locations. At this writing, it’s offered by Atlas Genomics (in WA only), GoHealth (in 10 states) and XpresCheck (at EWR, JFK). Add Color if you’re flying on United originating in SFO.
• The next best choice would be test results promised within 24 hours. Consider the Walgreens ID Now test (not available at all locations). Another option: Carbon Health if you’re flying on Alaska Airlines.
Note that visitors who are required to quarantine are not allowed to lodge at Honokeana Cove or any other “transient vacation rental” until after their quarantine is completed.
FLEXIBLE TRAVEL PLANS – BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE!
We encourage guests to book reservations for future dates. We have adopted a flexible policy that protects you if you need to make changes:
• If Hawaii’s COVID-19 restrictions interfere with your vacation dates, you may cancel your reservation at any time and receive 100% refund of your deposit, without any cancellation fee.
• Otherwise, if you cancel 60 days before check-in, you will receive a full refund of your deposit less a $50 cancellation fee. However, if you need to cancel because of health or another personal reason, contact the office for a “raincheck.” The raincheck applies the full value of your deposit, with no fee, to a future reservation.
• If you cancel from 0 to 60 days before check-in, your deposit is normally forfeited. However, if you need to cancel because of health or another personal reason, contact the office for a “raincheck.” The raincheck applies the full value of your deposit, less a $50 change fee, to a future reservation.
• Raincheck re-bookings are valid for 13 months, for rental in the same condo unit.
ENHANCED CLEANING & DISINFECTION
After the restrictions of recent months, we believe that our guests want and need a relaxing vacation. Our professional cleaning service now performs enhanced cleaning and disinfection before each guest’s arrival, as recommended by CDC and the State of Hawaii, for the safety of guests, owners and staff. We strive to provide reassurance so that you can enjoy a Maui vacation with no distractions!
Here are some of our additional cleaning practices:
• Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at gates and in laundry rooms.
• High-touch areas such as gate latches and handles, barbecues, laundry rooms and common areas will be disinfected twice daily.
• Housekeepers and supervisors will don clean masks and gloves before servicing every unit and dispose of them after cleaning.
• Housekeepers will clean and sanitize each rental unit using EPA hospital-grade disinfectant sprays and cleaning agents.
• The cleaning of each unit will include extra emphasis on door handles, light switches, remote controls, telephones, countertops, drawer and cabinet handles, refrigerator handles and fronts, faucets, sinks and floors.
• All dishware including plates, bowls, glassware, coffee cups and silverware will be washed at high temperature settings.
• All soft surfaces including couches, occasional chairs and mattresses will be sprayed with a disinfectant to assure cleanliness and safety.
• Linens and towels that were used will be removed, placed in disposable bags and individually marked by unit. No dirty laundry will be mixed together.
• All laundry will be washed with the highest heat temperature and additional drying time, to ensure proper sanitization.
• We are providing sick pay to ensure that no employee who develops symptoms of infection will come to work, or remain at work.
• During the pandemic, for the safety of our housekeepers we are not providing maid service while a guest is in residence. For stays over 10 days, on request we will provide clean towels and linens for your use. Used towels and linens will remain within your unit for the remainder of your stay.
BOOK YOUR VACATION NOW!
We took advantage of the closure to update our swimming pool in May rather than in September and October. Therefore, we have some great open dates to welcome you late this year! We are also performing our semiannual deep cleaning, and while we are closed many owners are maintaining and improving their condos. The Cove will be sparkling and ready for your return. Are you ready? Click HERE to Book Now!
Please stay safe and be healthy. We hope to see you soon, enjoying a relaxed vacation at Honokeana Cove!
Mahalo and Aloha –
Honokeana Cove Rental Association Management Committee