Flexible Changes & Enhanced Cleaning
Updated December 16, 2022
The COVID-19 pandemic caused suffering and loss of life everywhere, and it didn’t skip the State of Hawaii. Hawaii almost closed to visitors throughout 2020 and continued to screen visitors through March 25, 2022.
But now much of that is behind us. Hawaii ended its Safe Travels program and you can freely travel to its beautiful islands from all fifty U.S. states. (If you’re an international traveler, you may be subject to some restrictions: check with your airline.)
We miss you, and want to welcome you back to Honokeana Cove! Here is information to help you plan your next Maui vacation.
VACATIONING TO HAWAII
When visiting Maui, bring along a comfortable face mask. Some local businesses require them indoors as a continuing safety precaution.
You can keep healthy by using the same common sense that you would at home. A stuffy indoor space with loud voices is a good place to pick up a cold, the flu, or coronavirus. Fortunately, Maui’s year round mild climate makes it easy to have fun outdoors. It also allows you to choose restaurants and bars with air ventilation indoors, and seating outdoors.
FLEXIBLE TRAVEL PLANS – BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE!
We encourage guests to book reservations for future dates. We have adopted a flexible policy that protects you if you need to make changes:
• We can’t predict the future. However, if the State of Hawaii again imposes health rules that interfere with your vacation dates, you may cancel your reservation at any time and receive 100% refund of your deposit, without any cancellation fee.
• Normally, if you cancel 60 days before check-in, you will receive a full refund of your deposit less a $50 cancellation fee. If you cancel within the 60 days, your entire deposit is forfeited. However, if you need to cancel because of health or another personal reason, contact the office.
• We strongly suggest that you purchase travel insurance.
ENHANCED CLEANING & DISINFECTION
After the restrictions of recent months, we believe that our guests want and need a relaxing vacation. Our professional cleaning service performs thorough cleaning and disinfection before each guest’s arrival, as recommended by CDC and the State of Hawaii, for the safety of guests, owners and staff. We strive to provide reassurance so that you can enjoy a Maui vacation with no distractions!
Here are some of our cleaning procedures:
• Hand sanitizers are available on the property.
• Housekeepers and supervisors don clean masks and gloves before servicing every unit and dispose of them after cleaning.
• Housekeepers clean and sanitize each rental unit using EPA hospital-grade disinfectant sprays and cleaning agents.
• The cleaning of each unit includes extra emphasis on door handles, light switches, remote controls, telephones, countertops, drawer and cabinet handles, refrigerator handles and fronts, faucets, sinks and floors.
• All dishware including plates, bowls, glassware, coffee cups and silverware is washed at high temperature settings.
• All soft surfaces including couches, occasional chairs and mattresses are sprayed with a disinfectant to assure cleanliness and safety.
• Linens and towels that were used are removed, placed in disposable bags and individually marked by unit. No dirty laundry is mixed together.
• All laundry is washed with the highest heat temperature and additional drying time, to ensure proper sanitization.
• We provide sick pay to ensure that no employee who develops symptoms of infection will come to work, or remain at work.
BOOK YOUR VACATION NOW!
During the few months when Hawaii was restricting visitors, we improved our swimming pool, made property repairs and updated many condo units. The Cove is more beautiful than ever, ready to welcome you! Book as far ahead as you can for the best choice of open dates. Are you ready? Click HERE to Book Now!
Please stay safe and be healthy. We hope to see you soon, enjoying a relaxed vacation at Honokeana Cove!
Mahalo and Aloha –
Honokeana Cove Rental Association Management Committee